Poughkeepsie, New York
I am a trilingual Economics student at Vassar College with 4 years of experience researching and analyzing both national and international market trends throughout my undergraduate studies in order to prepare for the role as a Market Research Analyst. As a naturally analytical and detail-oriented person, I have performed extremely well in my Economics and French studies, excelling every semester on the Dean's List and soon to graduate Magna Cum Laude, high honors. During my academic studies, I have developed extensive mathematical and statistical skills that I leverage to conduct accurate data analysis, pattern detection, result quantification, and graphical representation, not only in my previous position as an ECON Research Assistant, but also in my current independent research project.
My extensive written and spoken communication skills as well as public speaking skills allow me to effectively lead and motivate classmates as President of the Business Club and Cross Country Team Captain. My ability to remain positive and calm under pressure allows me to overcome new and challenging situations individually and as part of a team by utilizing effective critical-thinking and problem-solving strategies to find success. By applying my past academic and extracurricular experiences, I am prepared to enthusiastically and responsibly take on my first job as a Market Research Analyst.
B.A. IN ECONOMICS, MINOR IN FRENCH | VASSAR COLLEGE | 2015 - Present
- Hold a high academic standing (3.8 / 4 GPA).
- Awarded Dean's List 6 consecutive semesters.
- On track to graduate with Magna Cum Laude high honors.
TSE STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM | TOULOUSE SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS (TSE) | August 2017 - December 2017
- Studied abroad for 1 semester in Toulouse, France, completing ECON classes with some of the most challenging faculty in Europe.
- Improved French speaking skills by 80% via language/culture courses and daily interactions with French natives.
- Gained social skills in adaptability, patience, and cross-cultural communication.
ECON RESEARCH ASSISTANT | VASSAR COLLEGE | May 2016 - August 2018
Gained hands-on experience in conducting economic research as an ECON Faculty Research Assistant with the ECON Dept. Chair at VASSAR COLLEGE during summer and winter breaks, working up to 20 hours a week, starting in May 2016 and concluding in August 2018.
- Learned to gather, organize, and interpret data, using mathematical formulas and statistics to make calculations regarding international fast-food market trends.
- Created more than 10 models to predict the impact of fast-food industry trends in various international environments including, South America, Europe, and Asia.
- Utilized pattern detection and result quantification to ultimately produce a graphical representation of results found.
SENIOR INDEPENDENT WORK | VASSAR COLLEGE | August 2018 - May 2019
I am designing a program of independent study supervised by an Economics faculty member with research interests and expertise in the area of Market Research Analysis as a part of my Senior Independent Work (Econ 399).
- Research and analyze market conditions to identify new retail opportunities in Toulouse, France.
- Produce models to predict retail developmental impact in the Toulouse area.
- Detect patterns and quantify results in order to create a graph depiction of outcomes.
- Verbally present and defend my research analysis in front of the ECON department.
- English - Native or bilingual proficiency
- Spanish - Native or bilingual proficiency
- French - Full professional proficiency
Mathematics & Statistics99%
Basic IT Skills
BUSINESS CLUB | VASSAR COLLEGE | 2015-Present
- Served as Treasurer (2 years) where I utilized my organizational skills and attention to detail to successfully manage club funds, oversee all accounts, collect and distribute funds, keep financial statements of club events, and budget all finances to ensure that we had the necessary funds to accomplish all club goals.
- Currently guiding the club as President (1 year), where I use my leadership and communication skills to oversee the club, events and projects, arrange, plan and moderate board meetings and group meetings, act as a liaison between the club, advisor, department, and advisory council, coordinate and help board members, and delegate responsibilities.
CROSS COUNTRY | VASSAR COLLEGE | 2015-Present
- Participated as a team member for 3 years and have improved my endurance, perseverance, and stamina, as well as sense of teamwork.
- Currently leading the team as Captain (1 year), motivating and encouraging teammates, while setting a good example through my punctuality and team-spirit.